https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Lentil-Burger.jpg 555 845 DavidBlair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png DavidBlair2015-07-07 17:33:522015-12-23 01:25:23Lentil Burgers
- 2 cups green or brown cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp tobasco
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato and pickles, for garnish
- In a food processor or powerful blender, blend cooked lentils, barley, onion, oil, tobasco, and garlic. Put the lentil mixture into a large bowl and add the salt, dill weed, oregano and thyme; gently combine ingredients until just incorporated.
- Form patties and place on wax or parchment paper. Coat each side with a little flour before cooking.
- Grill or sear the patties over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until browned and heated through, 6 minutes total.
- Serve lentil burgers on whole wheat hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato and pickles or preferred garnishes.