https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/turkey-burger.jpg 376 574 David Blair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png David Blair2015-11-11 18:52:192015-12-23 01:25:22Pork and Mushroom Burgers with Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 sweet corn cob (husked, silks removed)
- 400 Gram lean pork mince
- 2 Clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup firmly pack coriander leaves, finely chopped (plus extra leave to garnish)
- 2 large carrots (peeled, julienned)
- 1 long red chilli (finely sliced)
- 1 Cup bean sprouts (trimmed)
- 2 Tablespoon (Metric) gluten-free sweet chilli sauce
- 500 Gram sweet potato (peeled, cut into wedges)
- olive oil spray
- 4 large flat mushrooms (trimmed)
- 1 Tablespoon (Metric) olive oil
- Put corn in a small heatproof dish; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Leave corn to cool, then slice off kernels with a sharp knife. Put kernels in a large bowl with pork mince, garlic and half the coriander; season with cracked black pepper and mix by hand to combine well. Wet hands and shape mixture into 4 patties (about 9cm diameter); refrigerate to chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining coriander with carrots, chilli, bean sprouts and sweet chilli sauce in a salad bowl; place in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. Place sweet potato wedges on tray in a single layer; spray with olive oil. Roast wedges, turning once, for 30–35 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray mushrooms with olive oil and cook for 2–3 minutes per side, or until just tender. Transfer cooked mushrooms to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in the same frying pan. Add chilled pork patties and cook for 5–6 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer burgers to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Top each mushroom with carrot salad and a pork burger; garnish with extra coriander leaves and serve with sweet potato wedges.
- Energy: 1692kJ
- Calories: 404cal
- Protein: 29.5g
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6g
- sugars: 16.8g
- Dietary Fibre: 8.6g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- Iron: 4.0mg