https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Bubble-and-Squeak-Slice.jpg 555 845 David Blair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png David Blair2015-12-10 06:15:292015-12-23 01:25:22Bubble and Squeak Slice
- 1 medium zucchini (grated)
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon (metric) water
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Australian reduced fat cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/3 Australian reduced fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup Australian reduced fat milk
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, mint, chives, basil) (chopped)
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon (metric) fresh basil leaves. Torn (for serving)
- Heat a non-stick frypan, add zucchini, carrot, peas, corn, garlic and water and cook until softened. Cool slightly.
- Combine cooked vegetables with spring onions, cheddar, feta, eggs, milk, herbs and flour. Spoon mixture into a lined 28cm x 18cm slab pan. Stud cherry tomatoes onto mixture decoratively and bake at 180°C for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Rest for 10-15 minutes before sprinkling with basil, slicing into small squares and serving.
- Energy: 593kJ
- Protein: 10.3g
- Fat: 6.3g (Saturated fat 3g)
- Carbohydrates: 10.1g
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Fibre: 1.9g
- Sodium: 277mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
Tips/Handy Hints: This can also be served cold in school lunch boxes or as a side dish to a main meal. For adults: Stud the slice with sundried tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes, and serve with a spicy relish or chutney.