2 finely chopped onions
4 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1/2 – 1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp garam masala
2 x 400g cans of chickpeas
2 x 400g cans tomatoes
1. Heat oil briefly and add garlic and onion. Set pan to medium heat and stir till onion and garlic is soft.
2. Add ingredients from chilli to coriander. Stir for 60 seconds.
3. Add chickpeas and tomatoes including liquid from tomato tin.
4. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Add garam masala.
6. Cover again and cook for 10 minutes.