https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Gingerbread-Cookies.jpg 555 845 DavidBlair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png DavidBlair2015-07-30 12:03:472015-12-23 01:25:23Gingerbread Cookies
- 350g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 100g butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 egg
- currants, choc chips and/or nuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Sift together the flour, ginger and bicarb soda. Chop the butter and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Beat together the syrup and the egg, and stir into flour mixture. Knead with floured hands to form a smooth dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface till it’s about 0.5 cm thick. Using a gingerbread man cutter, cut shapes until all of the dough has been used, rerolling the trimmings. Lay these on lined baking trays.
- Decorate with currants, choc chips, nuts or however for the eyes and buttons.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 15 mins, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.