https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Sesame-Chicken-Bowl.jpg 555 845 DavidBlair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png DavidBlair2015-07-06 16:05:242015-12-23 01:25:23Sesame Chicken Bowl
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons tahini, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups dark leafy greens (such as spinach, chinese broccoli, or kale), trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked grains (such as brown rice or quinoa)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 tablespoons each soy sauce, tahini, and honey and sesame oil until evenly combined. Pour over chicken and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add greens and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bright green. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add chicken and marinade. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (check largest piece to make sure there’s no pink in the middle).
- Add grain and stir to coat with sauce. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until rice is sticky and caramelized in some places. Remove from heat and stir in greens.
- Whisk together remaining soy sauce, tahini, and honey. Drizzle over chicken mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.