https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Baked-Chicken-Parma-with-Sweet-Potato-Mash.jpg 555 845 DavidBlair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png DavidBlair2015-08-20 14:31:572015-12-23 01:25:23Baked Chicken Parma with Sweet Potato Mash
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 20 basil leaves
- 270 g jar 97% fat free sundried tomatoes, drained
- 270 g jar char-grilled capsicum or roasted pepper strips, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 800 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2cm dice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- basil leaves, extra, to serve
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spread ¼ cup diced tomato in the base of a large ovenproof dish.
- Halve each chicken breast lengthways to form 4 thin breast steaks. Using a rolling pin, pound steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 5mm thickness. Arrange chicken on tomatoes in pan base; layer each with basil leaves, sundried tomatoes pieces and capsicum. Pile on spinach, spoon over remaining diced tomatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked and melted cheese has browned.
- Place sweet potato in a steaming basket over a medium saucepan of boiling water; steam for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Discard water and return potato to the hot dry saucepan. Add ¼ cup milk and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding additional milk if required for desired consistency.
- Divide sweet potato and chicken between serving plates, sprinkle with basil.
- Serve with fresh chilli for extra heat.