https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Chickpea-Brown-Rice-and-Spinach-Pilaf.jpg 555 845 David Blair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png David Blair2015-12-10 06:21:442015-12-23 01:25:22Chickpea, Brown Rice and Spinach Pilaf
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 250g packets microwave brown rice
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable stock
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add the rice, chickpeas and stock, bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in spinach and raisins. Cover, stand for 5 minutes to wilt spinach slightly, then serve.
- Calories: 385 (1612kj)
- Fat: 13.6g
- Carbohydrates: 52.7g
- Fibre: 8.3g
- Protein: 11g