https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/chickpie.jpg 555 845 DavidBlair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png DavidBlair2015-09-02 12:25:182015-12-23 01:25:23Chickpea Tikka Masala
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbs. garam masala
- 1 Tbs. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garam masala, tomato paste, ginger, and serrano chile, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 1 minute more.
- Stir in chickpeas and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in yogurt and cilantro.