https://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Veggie-Pies-with-Polenta.jpg 555 845 DavidBlair http://www.personalbestfitnessstudios.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pblogo.png DavidBlair2015-09-02 14:39:512015-12-23 01:25:22Veggie Pies with Polenta
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (trimmed, chopped)
- 1 red capsicum (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- Ounce pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1⁄4 Cup no-added salt tomato paste
- 400 Can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 Cup chopped fresh basil
- 75 Gram baby spinach leaves
- 400 Can borlotti beans (rinsed)
- 2 Cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 Cup instant polenta
- 1 Teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 Cup grated parmesan large green salad to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery and capsicum for 5–7 minutes, until they start to soften. Add oregano, garlic and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through and sauce thickens. Add basil, spinach and beans. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine milk and 1 cup cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Slowly pour in polenta, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest. Stand for 2 minutes, until thickened slightly.